Lincoln County recognizes that the quality of our services is directly dependent upon the dedication and competence of our more than 125 full-time employees. Lincoln County strives to employ knowledgeable, professional and dependable staff who provide exceptional service to our tax-payers, residents, and community members. To fulfill the varied service responsibilities of the County, the Human Resources Office offers comprehensive recruitment and employment services designed to attract and retain the valued people who continue to serve our ever-growing community.
Our office’s goal is to provide:
- Administration of employee benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Defined benefit retirement plan through the South Dakota Retirement System (SDRS)
- Flexible spending plan
- Generous amounts of vacation, sick time & bereavement leave
- 11 paid holidays
- Various other voluntary benefits
- Recruitment practices that ensure fair, non-discriminatory processes to attract well-qualified candidates.
- A total compensation package for employees including wages and benefits that is responsive to the needs of our diverse workforce while reflecting the values of the community.
- Supportive and consultative services to the County Commission, department heads, and employees on a variety of human resources and employment law related items including:
- Affirmative action
- Contract, policy, and regulation compliance
- Equal employment opportunity
- Guidance and assistance with employee development and training
- Personnel budget management
- Records management
View open positions at Lincoln County on our Government Jobs page.