Planning & Zoning
The Lincoln County Planning & Zoning Department administers the planning ordinances of the County which carry out the vision of a rural area where agriculture is the principal land use alongside stable or growing communities.
The Lincoln County Planning and Zoning Department is here to serve you and is responsible for the following in the rural areas within the County:
- Building Eligibilities
- Building/Zoning Permits
- Change of Zone (Planning Commission & County Commission)
- Conditional Use Permits (Planning Commission)
- Enforcement and Complaints
- Floodplain Permits
- Land Use Planning
- Subdividing Property (Lot Splits, Platting)
- Variances (Board of Adjustment)
Each of the nine cities in the County is responsible for their own planning and zoning. However, given the complexity of extraterritorial issues and rapid growth, the County and cities cooperate on many growth management issues.