Applications & Permits

Please review the applications & permits below:



Planning & Zoning

  • Building/Zoning Permit (PDF) - A building/zoning permit is required prior to the construction of new structures, alterations to existing structures, or change of occupancy.
  • Change of Zone (PDF) - A change of zone application is required to change the zoning district designation of a property.
  • Conditional Use (PDF) - A conditional use permit allows for a property to be used conditionally for specific land uses designated within the 2009 Revised Zoning Ordinance.
  • Floodplain Development Permit Application (PDF)  - A floodplain development permit is required for any proposed development within a flood hazard area as regulated by the 2011 Floodplain Management Ordinance.
  • Nuisance & Zoning Complaint (PDF) - A complaint may be filed to direct staff to investigate alleged violations of the county nuisance or zoning ordinances.
  • On-Site Wastewater System (PDF) - An on-site wastewater system application is required when installing a new or replacement septic system or holding tank.
  • Plat (PDF) - A plat is submitted to subdivide or change the legal boundaries of a parcel of land.
  • Preliminary Subdivision Plan (PDF) - A preliminary subdivision plan is required for proposed subdivisions of more than 3 lots.
  • Temporary Use Permit (PDF) - A temporary use permit allows for uses and associated improvements to a property which are not considered permanent.
  • Variance (PDF) - A variance is required when a particular hardship will occur if the strict letter of the regulations within the 2009 Revised Zoning Ordinance would be carried out.

Register of Deeds